Renters Insurance for College Students

Are your college aged students moving in to an apartment next semester? College students renting an off-campus apartment or house while away at school should consider purchasing renters insurance to protect their personal property such as musical instruments, computers, or furniture.

Even if a student is a dependent under his or her parent's insurance, in many cases is not covered if the student lives off campus. Parents should check their policy or contact us to see if renter's insurance is right for their son or daughter who is away at school.

Basic options for renter's insurance policies provide two basic types of coverage: personal property and liability. Personal property coverage pays to repair or replace personal belongings if they are damaged, destroyed or stolen. This is the most commonly purchased renter's policy. Liability insurance provides coverage against a claim or lawsuit resulting from bodily injury or property damage to others caused by an accident while on the policyholder's property.

The premiums for renter's insurance averages depends upon the location and size of the rental unit and the policyholder's possessions.

At Doyle, we advise that you give us a call to discuss what might be best for your student's unique situation.

I look forward to speaking with you.


Sean and the Doyle Team!

Recent Posts
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon

Contact Us


Liberty Tree Office Park
85 Constitution Lane, Room 2H
Danvers, MA 01923


Tel: 978-777-6344

Fax: 978-777-9804


Office Hours


Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm

Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm